| Quick Search:
new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We
are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek
to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we re committe
to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other s
success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our
Are you passionate about security and are you a domain expert? Passionate about
crafting new ways to improve security postures and make our digital world a
safer place? If so, we have your dream job within Splunk s Americas Securit
Our team is the pre-eminent group within Splunk that provides profound
knowledge and assistance to our field teams in the discipline of information
security. We operate daily in four directions direct customer interaction,
field team enablement, evangelizing Splunk s security message to the world,
and constant improvement of our offerings. Each specialist on our team
contributes to these four areas. In this role, you will work cross-
functionally, supporting sales, sales engineering, customer success, partners,
security marketing, and security product management, among others. You will
help the sales teams drive security product booking and adoption, and you will
be one of several critical issue points for all things' security.
This is a team that is in regular motion. You might, on any given day
* Provide your security industry knowledge to Splunk's salesforce and
participate in customer executive meetings
* Proactively partner with our salesforce as an internal customer
* Work with the field to drive the security specialists mission statement -
- Accelerate Sales, Grow Deals and Build Pipeline
* Apply expertise to support relationships with customer CISO/SecOps/IT
* Design and execute sales campaigns with sales teams & partner with
Splunk's ecosystem/channel to run programs.
* Build an externally facing presentation to convey the power of Splunk
* Lead deep-dive engagements with customers to evaluate their various
compliance needs, SOC maturity, or efficiency in using our products.
* With the support of Technologists, run one of our acclaimed Boss of the
SOC competitions for one or many customers.
* Host an internal webinar to up-level our account teams on a security
* Present at an external security conference on a Splunk-relevant topic.
* Contribute a blog post to our external blog site detailing a recent
engagement or data source or finding.
* Strategize with field sales teams on how to best position Splunk security
products to achieve customer success.
* Provide feedback to engineering and product teams to improve Splunk's
overall product portfolio.
These are just a few examples but representative of our typical cadence!
flexible and creative approach is required in this position you will get
guidance and support, but never be told exactly what to do, and how to do it.
In all of our interactions, we perform as ambassadors and are always
professional and courteous in our role across our security portfolio.
* Minimum of 8 years experience with software security and similar to
our industry (and preferably you started your career as a practitioner
and moved into a sales security expert).
* A reputation in the market for helping sales teams close 6 & 7 figure
* Up-to-date understanding of current trends & anomalies in the security
* You are familiar with common security data sources and their use for
basic and advanced detection methods, including Cloud-based data sources.
* Familiarity myriads of security products and their purposes in supporting
risk reduction in an organization.
* Familiarity with other SIEM, UEBA and SOAR technologies, and with
complementary technologies to Splunk.
* Ability to communicate concisely and accurately with no fear of public
speaking to audiences large and small.
* Ability to work remotely and across multiple time zones with a minimum of
daily supervision. Self-starter who embraces time and priorities and
contributes to the team.
* Ability to travel 50% within the US
* Security Geek, passionate about helping others and developing
* Location Anywhere in the U.S. (major cities preferred and we hiring for
these roles across the country)
* 5 years of high tech, customer facing experience. This can be in roles
like sales engineering, professional services, product management, or
* Experience in driving complex security sales cycles up and down a
customer org chart.
* CISSP, GIAC certification, or equivalent experience.
* Experience with security frameworks and models like CIS Controls and
* Experience with anti-fraud or compliance standards.
* Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context
* Portfolio of public-facing materials whitepapers, blogs, presentations,
trainings that you have authored.
* Bachelor s degree preferred and preferably related to technology,
Masters or equivalent a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable
legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we
will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Apply For This Job: Security Sales Specialist